So perhaps this isn't the best idea to have right before I migrate to the middle of the country, but I'm thinking of going vegetarian and possibly even gluten-free or vegan.
I don't really know why I'm having this impulse. Maybe because I love cupcakes and I have a strange idea (possibly mistaken) that vegan/GF cupcakes aren't going to make me blow up like a balloon and even better there is FROSTING for them! New York has done a number on my relationship with food, I tell ya.
Anyway, I have an entire box of food spices and supplies I'd really like to use up before I leave. That means monster cooking. I also feel like baking insane amounts of chocolatey sweets to give away to people. I'm okay with monster cooking, if it's in the name of me not eating any of it.
I suppose I should elaborate on at least one thing I've been avoiding: A and I are completely done. I moved my stuff out of the house and into a storage space last weekend and have been staying with a couple of friends in Queens. I'll be staying with them until early August, when I'm leaving. Not that this should be very much of a shock, but I don't feel like talking that much about it- at least not to the extent I've shared in the past. I'm fine, though with a couple of hiccups here and there.
That said, I'm going to try and hit the gym instead of taking a lunch break. Same with after work. I'm supposed to meet a friend for dinner at 10, so why not get a good run in before then? Tomorrow I'm going to check out Pilates uptown. If there's one thing I do need help with, it's breathing.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love chocolate, cheese, and a whole assortment of other animal products to be able to swing vegan. I don't eat a ton of meat to begin with, but poultry and I are friends.
Just be happy with YOU, Tannanator. Will see you for "A Very Wegner Christmas."
But the best chocolate is vegan! What can I say, I'm a dark chocolate snob.
So I know you have a hate relationship with tofu, however, have you tried baked tofu? Its like string cheese firm. Maybe firmer, and so delicious. I've been meaning to suggest it to you forever.
One of my good friends makes the worlds best orzo salad with it.
OMG its amazing.
Have you been to candle 79 before. It is AMAZING too. Not candle cafe though.
Thats all.
Kaleena, please point me in the direction of this chocolate. I adore dark chocolate, but unfortunately live in the sticks. Good chocolate is hard to come by. Hershey makes me gag.
Post a Comment